Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Break 2009




We stopped in Dallas at the Cheesecake factory and ate lunch..... SO yummy!  We had Keylime Cheesecake and it was amazing!

So we get to Joel's grandparents house where ALL of his family is!  His aunts, uncles, cousins and their kids were all there waiting on us.  There was lots of food and lots of visiting.  It was fun!  The kids were playing in the back yard, or field, which ever you prefer.  The lighting was pretty and so were the blue bonnets!  Here are some of the favorites.  Jade was all about it, Kamden not so much so there are more of her!
I think the above is my favorite!



Isn't that sweet.....

The weed he pulled for ME!
So cute together!
They loved each other for a minute
Another favorite of him giving her a flower

Day 2, we went into Austin and went to some outdoor store Joel was dieing to go to, REI.  We only ended up buying the kids some "Life is Good" shirts and a lifetime membership so Joel gets a discount online.  Then it was off to our new family vacation tradition, painting pottery!  I love it and the kids to do.  Joel can take it or leave it.  The kids each painted a tile, Jade also painted a kitty, and Kamden a shark.  I painted a big platter.  

I am obviously not painting the platter in this picture..... I was putting Jade's name on her's!
Day 3
Off to San Antonio to the zoo!  We checked the weather, no chance for rain!  YEAH!  It is a 1 hour and 50 minute drive from Joel's grandparents house to SA.  But because of some direction errors, it took us almost 3 to get there!  I won't say whose directional error it was....JOEL..... but we got there none the less, just went an hour out of the way!   We had been at the zoo for about 2 hours when it started raining.  I was so disappointed but what can you do??  Here are a few of our favorite zoo pictures


The croc was Kamden's favorite!
Looking at the fish!
It had stopped raining but this shot was cute.  We bought the $4 poncho's at the gift shop and we had to cut a large portion off of Jade's cause she is so short!  They served the purpose though!
Jade could have cared less about any of the other animals.  This is the ONLY reason she came to the zoo!
This is the closest we could get to having a picture made with a zebra! 
My little butterfly and catepillar
Day 4
It was suppose to storm all day so we figured we would stay in La Grange and hang out.  By 10:30 we wanted to do something so we went to the local park.  The kids had fun but then we got hungry so we went to a town about 15 miles away and ate and went to the river walk there.  It is nothing compared to the one in San Anotonio but the kids had fun!  We also went to the indoor black light put put place.  It was different!
Kamden being silly at the park!

Piggy back rides from Daddy!

Day 5
We went back to San Antonio to the River Walk.  Again, no chance for rain when we left.  But as you can guess...... We got there walked from our car to the Visitor's Center and it starts raining.  The nice man at the VC told us the weather was suppose to be moving out by 1:00 so we decided we would eat and then by the time we got done it would almost be out of the area.  No such luck.  It rained from 11:00 to 2:30.  I didn't get a lot of pictures but here are a few!

This was in the Mexican Market at the famous La Margarita!  
Jade showing off
I look rough, I had been rained on for 3 hours!
Joel, we were all so tired at this point!
We got to take  few pictures on our way back to the car because it finally stopped raining when we were walking back!
Random stranger that offered to take our picture.... Here is the result!

Jade was so tired of walking!
I am not going to reorder these but deer came to eat every night at Joel's grandparents house!  they would come right up, almost to the door.  I took these out the window! 

This is on the River Walk in San Antonio
Day 6
We go home :(
We loved staying with Joel's grandparents.  They were so good to us!  Every morning she cooked us a big breakfast!  Jade asked for OJ the first night we were there and the next morning we woke up to freshly squeezed OJ because Ginger didn't have any!  She also makes homemade jelly that was so great and the day before we left she whipped up a batch so we could take it home!  THANK YOU!  I have been eating Jelly toast for breakfast every day! hehe
I can't say enough about how nice they were to us.  We have neglected our trips there and have not been since I was pregnant with Kamden.... He is 6.  We will not let 6 years go by without going again!  I am so glad we got the chance to see them!
This is right before we left.  Kamden, Nolan, Ginger, & Jade
This is Joel's Aunt Joelyn & Uncle Bruce.  They live in La Grange too so we saw them a lot.  It was great seeing them as well and we stopped to say bye on our way out. 

The kids did good in the car.  At this point they were being so goofy and laughing and I had to get a picture!
The down side?  It rained HARD about 90% of our 9 hour drive home!   It was not nice.  We pulled up the radar and there were lines of storms covering most of northern TX, OK, an AR and there was no hope of us getting out of it!  Oh well, we made it any way!
We had a great trip and can not wait to go back!

No comments: