Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My OFFICIAL ballerina!!!!

I have been DYING to get this post done but I have had no internet since the storm on Sunday.  Once again we went 24 hours with no power and then we just got phone, cable, and internet back late this afternoon.  

Any how, Jade asks me all the time when she can start ballet.  I always tell her you have to be 3.  I called to enroll her in dance for this fall and they said if she wanted to come to a class on a "trial" basis to see if she was mature enough that they would let her!  So Monday was her first day!  We went Sunday and bought her ballet shoes and tap shoes.  She would not take them off!  We also got her a leotard and a little cover up with tights.  

I got her all ready Monday afternoon and she was so excited.  When we were getting ready to leave the house I could tell by Joel's face that he was not doing well with it!  He told us goodbye twice and gave her two kisses before we could get out the door.  Once she was in the car here comes daddy again to tell her bye for the 3rd time!  I knew it was killing him that she was old enough to go to dance.  

I took her up to the class and she was nervous.  She wanted to sit in my lap but when it was time to start the teacher took her from me and she was fine!  I had to wait down stairs which killed me but as soon as I got down there I called Joel.  I asked him if he was ok and he said it was just hard to realize she was getting big.  He said she just looked so big and so grown up in her dance outfit.  (which she did)  But it was so sweet to see him get all mushy!  

Thankfully after the hour wait I found out she did Great!  Her teacher said since she was so young she had to remind her a few times what the rules were but that she minded very well and that she did well with the dance steps.  I was relieved because I knew if they said she could not come back that she would be devastated!   Okay that was long..... But we have a ballerina now!







1 comment:

The Couch Family said...

You are precious Jade!!! I cant wait for Maddi to be able to go!!!!