When I worked at the bank I met a lady who was the kindest spirit. Her name is Michelle. She was a regular customer and I saw her every week. She ALWAYS had a smile on her face and she was always happy. I remember talking to the other tellers about her and always wondering how she always stayed so happy.
A little while after I left the bank one of the girls I worked with asked me if I remembered her. Of course I did and then she told me that one of her sons had brain tumors. She gave me the website where I could view what was going on. I sat and read his story and cried. At that time Jade was 1 and Kamden was 3. Her son was 2 and going through surgery, after surgery and also chemo. It was unimaginable to me how she felt as a mother. I prayed for her son and for their family. I checked the site often and kept up with it for a year.
Sad to say, I got busy, and my heart hurts to say that I just forgot about them. My same friend from the bank let me know today that Nathan passed away. I got on his site today and read the post explaining how he died. I cried uncontrollably for a long time. I can see Michelle's spirit in the post. She is so positive and such an amazing spirit! If you can bare to read it click here and read the post. It is so moving to know that God was with him in his passing. You will get chills reading it. You can read all about him on the site. What a strong little boy is was. He was only 4 years old and he left a mark on so many hearts.
I get so mad at myself that I often get wrapped up in materialistic things and success. Those things just don't really matter. I hate that it takes a story like this to make me realize how much I have. I am going to commit to reminding myself daily how blessed I am!


No comments:
Post a Comment