2008 was a great year. Lots of challenges, lots of ups and downs, and lots of growing. Joel and I have grown so much spiritually this past year. God has really shown himself in our daily life which is so amazing! I have really learned that I have to listen to God and go down the paths he is leading me.
Kamden turned 5 in 2008, which was really hard for me. He also started school, played soccer for the first time, and he started learning to read! He is the sweetest, most kind hearted little boy. He acts just like his dad most of the time which makes me smile and irritates me at the same time! His dad is so good at irritating me and some how he passed those same traits onto his child! :)
Jade turned 3 in 2008. Where in the world does time go???? Jade started dance, which was probably just as exciting for me as it was for her. She has really grown over the past year and gone from being such a little baby girl to starting to grow into a big girl. When I look at pictures of her this time last year she really looked like a baby still, but not now!
Joel grew his business in 2008 and I am pretty sure it just about doubled! I am hoping it doubles again in 2009! He fought several fires in 2008 and took several training classes for the fire department. He hung crown molding downstairs, laid tile in the bathroom, kitchen, and laundry room, laid laminate in the Living room, put a new roof on our house, and so on! He is such an amazing dad and husband! He does so much for our family!
Me- hummmm where to start. In 2008 I decided to try to go back to work, and found that after staying at home with my kids working was terrible! I hated it! Maybe it was just the job but I really think it was because I knew what I was missing at home. Although the money was nice, being home was much better. I tried to have a home daycare, that proved to not work out either. I was planning on going to JBU in October, but that fell through as well. At once point I remember crying and asking Joel what I was going to do. I kept saying "I know life is not easy and I don't expect it to be, but why does nothing ever just work out for me?" He said to me "Have you ever thought that everything you have been doing were things that were not in God's plan for you? Maybe that is why things are always so hard because you are not listening to what God wants you to do". And just like a that, it made perfect sense! It is crazy to write down all of that and to think that I was able to try so many different things in 365 days.
On a better note, I became the proud mother of a kindergartner, a PTA mom, learned how to make tutu's, learned to sew, learned to use modge podge ((((and oh how amazing it is!)))), redid countless things in my house, learned how to drive the zero turn mower and even helped Joel mow some. My photography business did very well this year and I hope that it continues to do well.
As a family, we went to the beach for the first time! I think that this was by far the highlight of my year!! Joel was the only one that had ever been before and so it was a new experience for the rest of us. I am keeping my fingers crossed we get to go back this year!
So here's to 2009! May it be as amazing as 2008!
My goals (not resolutions) in no particular order
-Obtain my goals in school (more to come on this)
-Go back to the beach!
-Spend more quality time as a family
-Finish all of the home projects that we have started
-Grow even more spiritually
-Get my priorities straight
-Stay organized in ever aspect of my life
-Continue my 4-5 days at the gym each week, eating healthier, and staying fit!
WOW that was long :)


No comments:
Post a Comment