Oh I have the fever.... Beach FEVER! I am so ready to go! It will be at least May before we go but I am already looking into where we will stay. I know that lots of you probably have your favorite spots in FL. I want to know them! Last year we researched forever and looked at a million properties on VRBO. (Love the deals on there!) You have to filter through so many choices that it makes it hard to find what you are looking for on there!
Last year we went to Destin. We got THE HOOK UP from a friend of ours and we got a Suite at a hotel there for $40 a night! WOW, I know! The bad thing for me was that it was not on the beach but they did have a shuttle that took us there. It was less than a 3 minute drive there. I try to tell myself it was worth not being on the beach to save the $100-200 a night that we would have paid. The place we had reserved before we found out we could get the amazing deal we got was $160 a night.
Any way, I liked Destin but I am not opposed to go going somewhere else but we don't want to drive to much further. So does anyone have any great places you stay at? I would love to check into them! I would like to be beach front with a balcony facing the ocean! Thanks in advance!!


2 comments:
We have been staying at Destin Towers and love it. It is right on the beach and right on the main strip. Its great!
Oops is right outside of Tontitown. If you exit at Springdale (412), go left and go under the overpass. It is about 5 miles down on the right.
We stayed at Destin West last summer. Loved it. It's in Okaloosa Island just before you go over the bridge into Destin. You can stay on the bay side or the beach side, the resort is on both sides of the street with a catwalk to get over the street. We stayed on the bayside and the kids fished in the ba Gy for hours. Caught tons of neat fish right of the bank. There is also a ton of pools and a lazy river that the kids loved when they were sick of the sand! It's worth checking out. Not being right in Destin was nice because the traffic was easy, and you could still be in Destin in about 5 minutes!
Post a Comment