Friday, January 23, 2009

A Prayer Request

A friend of mine from High School, Ashley, found out that her mom has terminal cancer.  She has been fighting cancer for a few years now.  She has gone through countless radiation treatments and has had times of remission but they have been short.  She had some blockage in her intestines and they did surgery yesterday to find that she is covered in cancer.  They have told her it is terminal and that it is not treatable.  They have also not given her a lot of time.  I did not hear a time line I just know that they are saying she doesn't have much time. 

Betty Ford is one of the sweetest people I know.  She truly has a great heart and has always been so nice.  She always has a smile on her face.  She taught elementary school until the cancer got too bad.  She was a great teacher and all the kids loved her.  I just hate to know that she is in so much pain.  She has been in the hospital for 2 weeks now.  

Ashley said they are asking everyone to have positive thoughts and pray for a miracle.  I know anything is possible with God!  I am praying hard for Betty & her family.  If you don't mind to help me and add this family to your prayer list I would appreciate it.  
Thanks!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I will definitely be praying!