Monday, January 12, 2009

School

Well once again, I have decided to change my major in school :)  I am sure it is no surprise to anyone who knows me!  Lets see, I have gone to school EVERY semester since Fall 2003 (If you are keeping count that is 11 semesters I think) and I have even taken classes every summer.  Most of these semesters have been part time with between 6-9 hours each but none the less I have gone.  I try not to focus on how often I change my mind and how many useless hours I have but rather the fact that I have not quit!  I mean come on, I could have quit 3 majors ago!  I have been discouraged, I have wanted to quit but I never do.  I keep going.  When I started school in 2003 Kamden was 5 months old.  Since then I have had Jade so I have had 1-2 kids and worked most of the time too.  It wears me out thinking about it!



On to the real story behind this post.  I am applying to the Respiratory Therapy program at NWACC in the fall!!!  I am super excited!  I went in December and "Job Shadowed" for a 12 hour shift (Ok I only stayed for 9 of it).  I got there at 6am and I LOVED it!  I even got to watch a C-section which was fun to my surprise!  Any way, I am thankful that I have most of the prerequisites for the program.  I am lacking two classes which are both hard, Anatomy & Physiology I & II.  I am taking A&P I this Spring and II this summer.  I can actually be short one prerequisite to get in but I want to have them all done.  There are a few classes they have built into the program that I have already taken too so that will just lighten my load during a few semesters!  YEAH!!!  The worst part: Driving 1.5 hours to class.  The best part: I can do all my clinicals in Ft Smith!  I am very excited and at this point feel very good about it!

....... Don't hold your breath, who knows how I will in 6 months :)  I am praying I still feel the same way! 

2 comments:

Jordan said...

At least you're not staying with a degree that you aren't going to like! I feel you on the A&P! I'm taking that class in the summer or next fall semester. Good luck with all your classes =]

Shannon said...

With that driving up here you will have to make a stop at Oops in Springdale! :)